Django is a programming language that thrives on the Python web framework. It is free and open-source, and you have many options for paid and free support. Django is great due to its security, backward compatibility, and community support. Django packages are extra tools and apps that will further improve your project.
Why use Django Packages?
Django packages can be a programmer’s best friend. Programmers can drastically improve their workflow and efficiency. Moreover, Django packages adds extra flexibility and functionality to your projects. Because of this, Django is getting more popular with a growing community dedicated to improving and creating more Django packages.
In this blog post, we will go over the top 10 Django packages you should know.
1. Django REST Framework
Django REST Framework is a powerful and flexible toolkit for building Web APIs. It makes everything simple and easier.
Some reasons why you would want to use Django REST framework:
- The Web browsable API is a huge usability win for your developers
- Authentication policies including packages for OAuth1a and OAuth2
- Serialization that supports both ORM and non-ORM data sources
- Customizable all the way down – just use regular function-based views if you don’t need the more powerful features
- Extensive documentation, and great community support
- Used and trusted by internationally recognised companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Heroku, and Eventbrite
- Quickly add API functionality to an existing Django project
- Creator Tom Christie continuously improved the codebase
2. Django Filter
Django Filter is a reusable application to ease writing some of the more tedious bits of view code. It requires the current version of Django.
Some reasons why you would want to use Django Filter:
- It allows users to filter QuerySets based on model’s fields
- Tested against all supported versions of Python
- Tested against latest version of Django REST Framework
Celery is a simple, flexible, and reliable distributed system to process vast amounts of messages, while providing operations with the tools required to maintain such a system. It’s a task queue with focus on real-time processing, while also supporting task scheduling.
Some reasons why you would want to use Celery:
- It can collect, record, schedule, and perform tasks outside of your main program
- Helps run asynchronous tasks in the background
- Open-source software, easy installation, broker support, and web framework integration
4. Graphene Django
Some reasons why you would want to use Graphene-Django:
- It makes it easy to perform mutations
- Helps developers spin up APIs quickly for consumption by client-side GraphQL consumers
5. Django CORS Header
Some reasons why you would want to use Django CORS Header:
- It adds CORS headers to responses which allows in-browser requests to your Django application from other origins
- Adding CORS headers allows your resources to be accessed on other domains
Sentry’s Django integration enables automatic reporting of errors and exceptions.
Some reasons why you would use Sentry:
- It reports all exceptions leading to an Internal Server Error and creates a separate scope for each request
- Helps developers easily diagnose, fix, and optimize the performance of their code while tracking errors
- Saves time for you by not having to investigate what the error is coming from
7. Django Simple History
Django Simple History stores Django model state on every create/update/delete.
Some reasons why you would want to use Django Simple History:
- Keeps a history of record changes
- Store model history and allow viewing and reverting to previous model versions from admin site
8. Django Import Export
Django Import / Export is a Django application and library for importing and exporting data with included admin integration.
Some reasons why you would want to use Django Import / Export:
- Import and export data from your database so you can take a backup of your entire database
- It comes coupled with Django default admin panel
- Support multiple formats (Excel, CSV, JSON, … and everything else that tablib supports)
9. Django Allauth
Django Allauth is a reusable Django application that allows for both local and social authentication, with flows that just work.
Some reasons why you would want to use Django Allauth:
- Helps for user authentication, registration, and account management which can integrate with other social media apps
- Supports multiple authentication schemes (e.g. login by user name, or by e-mail), as well as multiple strategies for account verification (ranging from none to e-mail verification)
- Pluggable signup form for asking additional questions during signup
- Consumer keys, tokens make use of the Django sites framework
10. Cookiecutter Django
Some reasons why you would want to use Django Cookie Cutter:
- It allows you to recreate and replicate projects
- Not only does it save you time by writing code you have used in previous projects, but it also helps you get a jumpstart on your projects
- Renders Django projects with 100% starting test coverage
- Secure by default
We hope these Django Packages come in handy. It will surely improve the output you get for your next projects.
Share this article if you found it beneficial and leave a comment if you have any questions.
If you use a PC for gaming, then you may check out our tips to optimize Windows for gaming right here.